[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: reserves and the Futurity system

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dir@xxxxxxxxxx, LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gatlinp@xxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 17:44:17 -0800 (PST)

I like the Reserve system, but I think we should do away with futurity finals
at the National. This might bring futurities back to a regional show, where
handlers don't call each other to make sure they don't show up with their star
against someone else's star.  I do like the top producing futurity sires and
dams in the Redbook however. These are usually early indicators that a dog is
going to be a producer.  I think breeders should judge the futurities and
obviously, requirements are going to have to change so this can happen.  JMO
robert dir <dir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I like that thought Lee! Sandi Card