[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: reserves and the Futurity system

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gatlinp@xxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:00:21 EST

In a message dated 1/8/2006 12:13:34 PM Central Standard Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
In 1997 we started on Wed at 10 or 10:30..we did not have the reserve system
in place then. Starting at 8 would would make up for the larger finals entry.
Also as stated below better time management is needed . I am also in favor of
doing away with the conditional class. We now have the Select excellent..this
rewards what the conditional class was originally trying to show case. To have
both is redundant. C.Grainger
***************************
I know that some have said starting earlier makes for a long day for the
judges to be in the ring and standing all day. One other thought would be to
start
the Futurity Finals on Wednesday at 8 A.M. but rather than use the National
judges use a breeder to judge the finals. This is a non regular class.  A list
of those judges could be on the ballot and whomever got the most vote for that
year would judge the finals.  Any judge that judged a regional futurity would
not be eligible to judge the finals at the Nationals. One other thought could
be that the judge who ran 4th from the ballot could do the futurity finals at
the Nationals.  Something to think about.

Lee Brown