[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: re-National on the east coast--

  • From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • To: CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:08:18 -0400 (EDT)

I really don't think anyone is saying not to have one their and what do you
 mean ALWAYs we have not had but 2 in 10 years, but really True east hasn't
 either.  And frankly to many on the east don't come west, the west tends
to  be willing to go east or at least further that the east seems to be
willing  (generally not of course everyone).  Not even to Colorado which is NOT
WEST  it is Central.

I think that people simply need to understand that you may NOT be able to
go every year. If you can  GREAT! If you can not so sad but those are the
facts.  I don't like having it at Purina for the next three years so it
could very well be difficult for me and many other to make many of the next 4
years.  We will probably make 1 or 2 but probably not all.

This is the only reason I am not real happy because the membership wanted
it rotated.  I guess sometimes you don't get what you want.  Hopefully  the
club get pulled out of it financial trouble and we then can get back to what
 the membership wants. Patience is needed right now.

Debbie

In a message dated 3/21/2013 3:00:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
ummmmm--I dont understand the problem with having it on the  east
coast--there are just as many GSD here as out west--and we seem  to ALWAYS
 have it
out there-so what about all the people from  here who always have to go
way
out there???
Now is OUR chance to  not have to drive or fly so far.
and......................this year--I can  actually go for my FIRST
National.
;-)

Cheri   Hunt
CHERADON SHEPHERDS
Home of some of the most gorgeous German  Shepherds  in the World !
_Cheradon Shepherds Home Page_  (http://www.cheradonshepherds.com/)

In a message dated  3/21/2013 3:42:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

There  are no perfect show  sites.

The only thing that really makes a site  really BAD...is to  make it too
unavailable for people to get there with  their  dogs!
It is A DOG SHOW!!
When people can't get there with   their dogs safely and easily...the show
is not a great   National.

This year...if is extremely difficult for anyone in the  West  to get there
with
a dog without a 3 - 5 day drive.   Three day  drives are bearable....after
that
it becomes a hardship  for most.

Most of us are well aware of costs rising...but  sometimes things reach  a
point
to where you just have to give it  up.    <G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com