[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: re-National on the east coast--

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: inquestgsd@xxxxxxx, CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 19:25:06 -0400 (EDT)

Salt Lake was considered west.  Springfield was considered east but  really
is more central.  Membership wanted the national rotated
east-central-west-central.

Denver was also considered west tho it was considered central at one  time.
 And Topeka was central.  Beaumont was central.

Last really east one was probably Charlotte, NC in 2005.

Tish

In a message dated 3/21/2013 6:14:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
inquestgsd@xxxxxxx writes:
Last  west coast National was over 10 years ago (Del Mar)?

Last east  coast  National was.....?

Membership voted on central location to  avoid this dilemma.

Ileana

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar  21, 2013, at 4:01 PM, CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx wrote:

> ummmmm--I dont  understand the problem with having it on the east
> coast--there  are just as many GSD here as out west--and we seem to
ALWAYS   have  it
> out there-so what about all the people from here who always have  to go
way
> out there???
> Now is OUR chance to not have to  drive or fly so
far.and......................this year--I can actually go for  my FIRST
> National.
> ;-)
>
> Cheri   Hunt
> CHERADON SHEPHERDS
> Home of some of the most gorgeous  German Shepherds  in the World !
> _Cheradon Shepherds Home Page_  (http://www.cheradonshepherds.com/)
>

> In a  message dated 3/21/2013 3:42:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> There  are no perfect  show sites.
>
> The only thing that really makes a site   really BAD...is to make it too
> unavailable for people to get there  with  their dogs!  It is A DOG SHOW!!
> When people can't get  there with  their dogs safely and easily...the
show
> is not a  great  National.
>
> This year...if is extremely difficult  for anyone in the West  to get
there
> with a dog without a 3 - 5  day drive.  Three day  drives are
bearable....after
> that it  becomes a hardship for most.
>
> Most of us are well  aware of costs rising...but sometimes things reach  a
> point to  where you just have to give it up.    <G>
>
>  Carolyn   marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  www.marhaven.com
POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.