[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: re encouraging.....

  • From: "Maureen" <murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:33:25 -0500

Kathy,
    I only allow same sized pups together....and then the owner is RIGHT there
as well as I am. The puppy pen was maybe 10 feet....and my classes are never
over 10 students.
  They are trying to get one built here in Killeen too. Good for them! I'll
sure never go.....Mo
  Would I feel comfortable taking a dog there?...no.  But then again Mo, I have
it in my puppy packet that new owners NOT allow their dogs "free time" at puppy
class either.  I know you do, and that's fine because you are in charge but
I've seen a few too many debacles over the years when an instructor isn't in
control of their dogs/owners.  Same difference.

  That said, I think it is a wonderful thing that the community is making an
effort to welcome  and provide activities for dog owners.  It's a real 180 from
whet we usually see. We're seeing it in an affluent Philly suburb too.  Lots of
money set aside, big plans and I say go for it.  They do a neat thing locally;
they segregate dogs by size. Naturally, ID, lisc & rabies tag affixed to the
dog's collar. Unlike the park Molly's referencing, dogs are allowed off leash.
I'm all for it.  Still won't go <G>, but all for it.

  Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
  Celebrating generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
  visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

  In a message dated 4/1/2008 8:17:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
    ALMOST is the key word, Molly. All it takes is one idiot and their dog.
Every picture I have seen of these parks the dogs are all off
lead.........running free. Unless there is someone there to MONITOR the
rules.........to me they are worthless. Mo