[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: re encouraging.....

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:29:13 EDT

Would I feel comfortable taking a dog there?...no.  But then again Mo,  I
have it in my puppy packet that new owners NOT allow their dogs "free time" at
puppy class either.  I know you do, and that's fine because you are in  charge
but I've seen a few too many debacles over the years when an instructor  isn't
in control of their dogs/owners.  Same difference.

That said, I think it is a wonderful thing that the community is making an
effort to welcome  and provide activities for dog owners.  It's a real  180
from whet we usually see. We're seeing it in an affluent Philly  suburb too.
Lots of money set aside, big plans and I say go for  it.  They do a neat thing
locally; they segregate dogs by  size. Naturally, ID, lisc & rabies tag affixed
to the dog's  collar. Unlike the park Molly's referencing, dogs are allowed
off  leash.  I'm all for it.  Still won't go <G>, but all for  it.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 4/1/2008 8:17:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

ALMOST  is the key word, Molly. All it takes is one idiot and their dog.
Every picture  I have seen of these parks the dogs are all off
lead.........running free.  Unless there is someone there to MONITOR the
rules.........to me they
are  worthless. Mo

Home.