[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: problems stud dogs produce

  • From: Diane Wright <Diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:07:27 -0400

a crazy thought....

Bitch owners are not asking about litter problems observed with a stud dog's
breeding because they
think baaaad genes come from males.  I certainly hope the bitch owners are not
that stooopid.
;-) ok, maybe some are.

I think bitch owners ask about problems simply because the stud dog has
produced more litters than
their bitch.

AOE Select Ch Fluffy CD PT has a breeding history.  It's been documented that
when bred to a coat,
there were no coats and when bred to a black there were no blacks.  Everyone
understands it takes 2
to make a coat or a black.  I don't think breeders then turn totally stoopid &
think mega esophagus
only comes from males. It's not that he is personally responsible for the
genetic makeup of every
puppy in the litter... it's just that he has more experience making puppies.

I'm hoping the above average GSD breeder knows her bitch's family history, even
if the bitch herself
has never been bred.  She knows her bitch's grand dam whelped a litter with
cryporchids when bred to
Ch Zippy, and a multi CH litter with Ch Spot.  The bitch owner is trying to
determine what the
history is in the potential stud that is outside her familiarity.

Or maybe the bitch owner is just a trouble maker who delights in grilling stud
owners & then trashing
the stud over coffee with friends....
;-)

Diane