[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: problems stud dogs produce

  • From: Erynbrook1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 00:31:09 EST

To me, No. If a dog produces a known genetic recessive trait, he has to carry
the trait. Whether he has 1 pup in a million or 1 pup in 3. If it is a
dominant trait, of course, the dog should exhibit it and there would be no
question.
I am not saying here that mega is a recessive gene, (tho I THINK it is) I
assume it was just an example you were using.
But I certainly would not use the rumor mill to find out what problems a dog
produces. Most stud dog owners I have dealt with would tell me if their dog
produced a particular trait I am concerned about. Most, not all.
Nancie