[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: objects of the club

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:49:37 -0800

Regardless of when it happened, one would think that such a change in
procedure should have had a motion made, seconded and passed in the minutes
- I've looked and looked. I may have missed it, but I can't seem to find
this.  Also, the Policy and Procedures right up until 2003 and now even in
the Current ones, indicate that 2 endorsers is a MUST.

Further, a LOT of breed Parent Clubs may have credit card application forms
- but the form must be mailed in, completely filled out (which includes
endorsements).  The Pomeranian Club of America - Requires that your
endorsers have known you personally for a minimum of 2 years and that they
must endorse you with a written essay type endorsement.

Anyway, the long and short of it for this particular problem is that, the
Board needs to walk a tightrope and hopefully do nothing that puts the club
in jeopardy for suit, or loss of membership.  Perhaps one or more of the
Board members may proffer up a resolution for changing the bylaws and get
that underway.

Kathaleen