[ SHOWGSD-L ] (no subject)

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 09:11:59 EDT

Here we are for the big day. The end all be all.  The top of the heap, The
best of the best, The reason we do this, the final  chance, the Wins of the
Wins.  Specials at the National.  What a rush,  and what a chance to see why
this is the best breed in the world.

We are here an hour before show time, and about  two hours before we know
if we get cut on the first round.  It is  interesting to see about twenty
people here, walking around with coffee, and  eyes that are still slits. The
ring is packed and the tables are in place. Some  of the venders are open and
I saw Ken, Kathy and Hunter Tank already. The stalls  are full of owners and
handlers rushing back and forth, lots of yelling, dryers  blowing, and dogs
looking confused. People are rushing from stall to stall and a  quick smile
to say hello, and then back to frowns and serious business.  I  looked to
see if Diesel was here yet, but Mike has not arrived. The dogs go in  later
in the day, so they must be sleeping in, as if anyone can sleep before
Specials.

I now see more people coming in. Bart is walking  to the ring to look it
over, the photographers are all set up, all but two of  the booths are open.

Tedi is back in the stalls grooming Magic Marker.  She is worried,
concerned, happy, cheerful, tired, uptight, and relaxed all at  the same time.
It
is always an adventure to show in Specials, and a  privilege.  I havenâ??t seen
a national this relaxed in years, and it is a  tribute to Gail Hardcastle
and Bill Bergraff, and the hundreds of others that  work so hard to put it
together. I know Tish and the rest of the new board will  do the same in Utah
next year, and in a few hours it will be over.

There is a lot going on, but the big news is that  Christine Granger
obtained a stay of the suspension from the AKC, so look for  Raspberry the
Maturity Winner in Specials.

Gail Hardcastle told me the two things she wanted  to accomplish this year
was to keep things quiet and to get the steaming video  for the national.
Between her and the Team Video, she got both things  done. Now the arena is
filling up, and lots of hugs, laughter, shaking, and  howdies going on.

Big Dave came by and we talked for a bit about the  physical demands of
judging and then Martha and I talked about the show  itself.  This is going to
be a great day and lots of fun for most, and  perhaps a disappointment for
some.  But, in seven or eight hours it will  all be over, and then on to
Utah. Right now, all I want is to take a deep  breath, calm down, see Markie
make the first cut, and dream of when I used to be  able to run this ring.
Memories are sweet, but doing is  better.

 I am turning this over to Molly since I am  too nervous and worried, too
jazzed and too crazy to type.  She will give  you her take on what is going
on, and how it looks through her eyes. From here,  it is just the best there
can be.

MOLLY
Monring all.  You wonâ??t get Evanese  from me but I will do the best I can
to fill those shoes.
Ginny has blessed  us with her great singing to open the show and the
obedience victor has been  awarded.   Didnâ??t sit quick enough to get the name
but
everyone was  all smiles.

Gail H and Nancy Godek Macdonald are bringing in  the junior handlers who
are the future of our breed.  They are all being  introduced.  Loren, Jessia,
Taylor, Laura, Kaitlyn, Duane, Trevor, another  Kaitlyn, Blake, Trevor, and
Stephanie.  I think I missed one gal,  sorry.
They all take a lap.  Good looking, talented bunch of kids.

Gary S and Bart are now in the center of the ring  to do the memorial
tribute to those that have passed in the past  year.   We have lost 22 people
in
the breed in the past year....all of  the names are  read.

Dave is now center ring and says he is excited to  be here. He cautions
doublers to be under control so he can judge the dogs at  its best.   He wants
natural stacks from the handlers and as an  afterthought he says he is
sorting to good, very good and  excellent.    This place is electric!!

Our hard working stewards Dick and Bob are walking  the ring   The dogs are
coming in.
All have been tabulated and  divided in groups. The rest are leaving the
ring.   The first group is  on the move. Sean with Look Ma No Hands of Edan
are out there for their  individual.  Hard being the first one I am sure.
Mary Ann just  stopped to say hi.   Good steady pass with Sean.  Greg with
Scharo Ark Long Hot Summer now making their pass.  Candy Z just stopped
by....guess I am taking a puppy to Texas for her.       Bill is up with Magic
Marker.     Evan is on edge am sure  but Tedi will take care of that.  Now
Steve G  is up with Debric  Carettiâ??s Angelina.  Tiff with Millertimes Sweet
and
Brassy are up...she is  out of the numbers for the catalogue.  An unknown
handler to me, young red  headed lady from Portland OR is up with Faithrock
Caralon Surfer  Girl
Now Christy with Hicliff Sienna Kaleef  .    Just been told the handler
from OR is Lindsay but I donâ??t  know her last name.     Deb H just said hi
and
looks busy as  always.    Dianne B up now with MMM MM good of  Edan.    So
there is 8 in the first group and individuals are  done.   The first 4 are
making a pass, then the next 4 go.  Dave  is making some notes and taking one
more look at the line .  Sherre stopped  and isnâ??t feeling so well today.
First group is out, and the next  one is coming in.  Shirley Melvin from Tx
just stopped and said I donâ??t  look like Evan.  I tried..

The next group is taking its pass.    Phillip M is out with Tuthill Abria
Temptation.  Jeff is out with Hickory  Hills Raspberry Beret.  Jon Beyer is
up with Viciâ??s Windsong .  Zoe is  now here and giving me a running
commentary...she got the name of the handler  from OR for me.    Ken Tank now
there
with Liebchenâ??s Boogie  Wonderland ..this is be Kenâ??s last national as a
handler.  He will judging  soon if approved.   Sergio on board with
Enchantedâ??s
American  Anthem.  Tiffany just went by looking great and gave us a smiley
good  morning.   Bill Tank up with Eko Lan Nâ??EJMS Encore.  Georgy  taking
the pass now with Wolf Creek Kallie of Merivern.

The first 4 are making a pass, the last 3 are  doing a round, Dave is doing
a lot of smiling.  A cold breeze just hit  us....probably the handlers
moving so quick.   Dave is giving them all  one more pass and makes his notes.

Out the go...on the group 3.

Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/