[ SHOWGSD-L ]

  • From: "Cudjoegsd" <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 11:36:49 -0600

I just heard that Letty Alamia's (sp) husband John suffered a fairly severe
stroke and is in the Baton Rouge General Medical Center.
John traveled from Houston to Baton R. to deliver a rare bird specimen to the
LSU Museum on Friday. John left the Museum complaining of dizziness, and while
driving in Baton Rouge suffered the stroke which caused him to run off the
road, and his car overturned.  At last report, he was improving and had
regained motor function and most of his speech, still having some problems with
a few sounds. He is in intensive care.

To make this doggy, Letty is a long time GSD owner, competing in confirmation,
herding and other venues. John is a world famous bird artist, having done many
illustrations for field guides and his bird paintings are incredible. His bird
related travels have taken him all over the world.

The address for the hosp. is Baton Rouge General Med. Center, 8585 Picardy Ave.
Baton Rouge, La. 70809.. Letty is staying with friends in Baton Rouge.

I will post as soon as there is further news. I am in contact with mutual
friends who are with Letty.

Bonnie Ardoin