[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: new topic

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:19:17 -0500

Helen, I agree with your first sentence.  You don't have to show them to
me...I know they are there and I've seen them.  I just wonder why people
say they have to have type, but we still see dogs without it (as it is
defined by the Standard).  In the same way, most of us want a lot of
sidegait but we still have people showing and breeding dogs who lift
(can't have sidegait with a lifting front, or much of any gait at all)
but go fast, and there are people who think that's good sidegait.  I'm
not even going to get into dragging toes and all the other stuff...when
there's no front there's not much need to go to the hindquarter.
    I asked the question to get a discussion going...hopefully it will
become a discussion.........
Peggy