[ SHOWGSD-L ] My National..long and sappy

  • From: <tho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:32:09 -0800

What a lovely site,got to see and hug many that I love and hardly ever get to
see(this in itsself was worth the 14 hour drive)Mephisto's stud dog class was
so much fun and something Ill remember forever!Thats everyone of indulging me
and my um creative wierd sence of humor!Guys your horns looked awesome!..
Friday night I wasnt feeling real good so took my handful of heart,blood
pressure,nerve,and pain pills early and started looking for someone to find me
some food to go with all those pillsso I could go to bed.This is when I found
out everyone was going to the annual meeting.Not me I said,Ill be passed out in
20 mins!Well,Margo,Tiff and Joann,Deb and several others nearly pushed me in
that van. Imagine my shock when I found I had won the Don Cliff award!!!!!Thank
you so much everybody!When Duce and I went to receive our plaque,I was totally
speechless!Ask anyone,this rarly happens!I had so much to say...you guys were
lucky I couldnt think straight!

Since it was developed,I have felt this to be such a special award as good
sportmanship and finding and helping new people are so very important to me
personally and especially the breed.Im thrilled to be in such admirable company
as those who have won before me.This award is just such an honor!It represents
so many things that are so important to me.I will continue to always talk to
that shy new personand compliment their dogs handsome expression or how
attentive it is to them,or how pretty and rich its pigment is(even if these are
all the positive attributes I can find,Ill help them find obedience or
agility.Ill continue to help all those friends get their bitches bred or start
a young  stud dog(even if I feel terrible),Ill continue to hold puppy ear
taping parties and leash breaking sessions.Ill explain what the standard is and
invite a new person to sit with me at a show and show them what some of the
standard is talking about.I will continue to take multitudes of dogs to therapy
work,parades,fund raisers and baseball games where ill sit and answer questions
for hours about why they walk like that and why their back slopes and explain
that topline is NOT (Hip DISPLACEMENT)Oh yeah,I can talk for hours about our
awesome breed..with my sidekick Medusa by my side we do quite a bit of
educating and have even got many to attend a speciality show (Some Im proud to
say are now showing Sepherds and are as hooked as we are)So thanks once again
for giving me this honor of a lifetime The "Don Cliff Award" I only knew Don
briefly but know what a wonderful caring,giving man he was and Im honored to
have won an award that bears his name!
Thanks!
Tami Howard
T-Ho Shepherds since 1980

PS... Also To those who know about my illiness and know ive been in pretty bad
shape....Thank you SO MUCH for all the cards,gifts of all kinds,prayers and
words of cheer and encouragment.You are all wonderful friends!Even those I dont
know very well or only know from the list...so many came through to help when I
needed you the most.Its why I love you,Its why I love the breed.I owe you all
one,dont hesitate to ask......
Love,Tami