[ SHOWGSD-L ] new conformation class

  • From: <blackoakdogs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:50:58 -0500

My first thought was great, it's about time. I'm tired of getting beat up in
the bred-by class by pro handlers signed on to everyone's litters. It will
probably increase entries by people thinking just that. However, my second
thought was, well it will certainly single out people to judges especially in
the more "political breeds". And I 'd like to see stats eventually on how many
points are awarded out of this class. After all, the novice class is already
somewhat of a joke. I could count on one hand how many times I've seen a dog
take points out of that class much less a major over the years.

I think it was a good idea but they should take the bred-by and make that
amateur only instead, I thought that was sort of the original intent for that
class. After all why do pro handlers need to be in bred-by. They should be good
enough to take all their wins out of ambred etc. Now bred-by is just another
vehicle for pros to get to Eukanuba.

Margaret
Corsair GSD & AE