[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: mixed breeds competing in AKC

  • From: "Sue Mazzeo" <Sue.Mazzeo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l digest users" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:06:02 -0800

Peggy,

This is already being done in Tracking Tests.  When a specialty club gives a
tracking test, on closing date the entries are divided into 4 categories.
    1.  The Specialty Breed club's breed entries without titles
    2.  The Specialty Breed club's breed entries with titles
    3.  All other breed entries without titles
    4.  All other breed entries with titles.

The draw for entries to see who gets in is done in order of preference as the
numbers on the categories indicate.
If there are enough entries from the specialty breed to fill the test, then no
other breed entries will get in.  If there are still spaces, then the other
breeds will be allowed in with non-titled dogs getting preference over titled
dogs.

There is no reason why a similar method could not be established for pure
bred/mixed breed entries.

Sue Mazzeo
From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mixed breeds competing in AKC
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:18:06 -0500
I wonder if AKC even thought of that, or if they will allow it.............
       good idea, tho!!!

Peggy