[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: mixed breeds competing in AKC

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ejdegen@xxxxxxx, Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 08:15:52 -0800 (PST)

The obstacles you list can be overcome if a club wants to.
You need a well balanced membership the feels the breed deserves to be
exhibited in all venures (been preaching that forever) or a realistic
membership that knows if you do the trials well, you can financially support
your club's specialty ectivities, educational programs, etc.
You need members who are willing to work - willing to assist other clubs and
get them to assist you. You have to be willing to get up at 3 to be able to be
at the tracking park at 7 and standing by until it is time to walk with the
judges plotting the tracks. Then do it again the next day to lay the tracks.
You have to be willing to work the events you do not compete in because you
want other club members to work the events you do compete in. You have to
search for facilities.

We all want ot do what we love best and just want the events to happen. But in
order to do that we have to be willing to help out to allow others to have
their events. Of course if you do not want to do the work, you could always
come up with the money to hire others ... (but you will miss out on a lot of
the sport of dogs that way)

Ruth