[ SHOWGSD-L ] mixed breeds competing in AKC

  • From: ejdegen@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 01:49:31 EST

I have been reading about the mixed breeds competing in AKC events.  I
have some of the same concerns as others....one of them specifically being that
 they don't HAVE to be spayed or neutered before registration.

However, my biggest concern right now is a pure selfish one.  Last  summer
I did not get in to several agility trials that I wanted to enter because
the trials were FULL.  No more entries.  Judges can only judge 330  runs per
day and once that judge hits 330, there are no more entries.  You  are
placed on a waiting list where you hope someone withdraws before closing so
you
can go to the trial.  Right now, clubs may be able to open entries to
purebreds "first", but for how long?  Will we get just a week to get  entries
in
before it's open to mixed breeds?  And then, when will they  change the
rules AGAIN so that entries are open to all dogs at the same  time?  Once that
happens (and it will at some point), it's going to make it  even harder to
get into agility trials!

Right now (as I understand it), mixed breeds aren't eligible to enter
tracking trials.  Thank goodness!!  They're already hard enough to get  a spot
in!  I tried to get one of my GSDs (Tori... PAM CH Kingswood's  Tora Tora
Tora VCD1 MX AXJ CD TD OAC OJC NGC TC CGC BH-A) into a TDX trial for a  YEAR
and we never got off the waiting list.  Once mixed breed dogs are  allowed in
Tracking (and once we've opened the door to allow them in other  sports,
they'll eventually be allowed in tracking, too) we'll have even more
difficulty getting into Tracking trials, too!

Julie  Degen
_www.caissonkennels.com_ (http://www.caissonkennels.com/)
"A well-balanced German Shepherd has a title on both  ends!"