[ SHOWGSD-L ] membership

  • From: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:28:20 EST

I guess I'm a bit confused. I know I have been a member for over 25 years.
I've never received any certificate for any of them nor did I expect one.
Didn't  even know there was such a thing.

Heck, I don't even remember what year I joined. It might be interesting to
know, but will I die a horrible death if I don't find out? I don't think
so.

I didn't know there were benefits to be had by how many years you are a
member. Other than the people to cheer with us when we win, brag to about a
new  litter of puppies or cry with us on the loss of our long time faithful
friends,  education on the structure and purposes of our breed beyond the show
ring,  education in health issues. Knowing that there are hard working
caring people  rescuing our beloved breed.

I might make a suggestion. If there is something you think the Board of
directors should be doing. Send them your suggestion. Now don't forget to send
 the solution on how whatever can be accomplished and maybe even offer some
 assistance.

You could maybe help make some phone calls to solicit trophies and catalog
advertising.

Think of ways to save the club money. Our judges/stewards lunches were
costing us over $2000. to feed 20 people a day. So I contacted the Job Corp
Culinary arts dept. and had them cater our lunches. We fed 40 people per day
for  4 days for just over $600. They can't make a profit . All they can do is
charge  exact cost of food. They did a great job. We in turn donated a gift
certificate  of $250. at a local Chinese place that they all like. We still
came out way  ahead and yet helped our community.

I'm both Treas. and show chair for our all breed club. Unfortunately the
GSDCA National always hit on our show date. So I'm not much help.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is I don't know what more the club can or
should do for me. After all the CLUB  Is It's MEMBERS.

Judi Bendt