[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: interesting

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sally" <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>, edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:05:57 -0600

I am catching up with this topic late, so I apologize if we have moved on
past this. However, who hasn't done this? I would and have done it! If I
had a dog..that I thought was just "ok" not a great one..I would show him
where I thought I could win. If my handler can do well under this
judge..and it is to my advantage..why not do it..that is part of playing
the sport. I am acknowledging that the judge may not know his you know what
from a hole in the ground..but I know my handler will get a look..whatever
it takes. On the flip side..If I have a really good one..I won't waste it
in this venue under a judge who doesn't know the breed, even if my handler
has an edge. Too risky. the point is..this should be my choice, based on my
knowledge of the judge, the dog, the handler and in what ring the dog looks
his best. Christine