[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: interesting

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:57:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi Sally, we always have majors at the  N Indiana and Michigan specialty shows.
Yes, sometimes we have to build them, but good judges usually bring a major
entry. I find that often majors are built by handlers that do well under
certain judges at the all breeds, not that the judges are always good. There
are some good all breed judges out there though.  They are crossing over in
fewer and fewer shows, mostly at the all breeds. I did go WB at one specialty
this fall though and it was one point in dogs and the judge didn't cross ove
rfor the major, which is a rareity. .  A few years ago I was at a specialty and
it was two in dogs and four in bitches and a well known judge was judging. In
breed he gave the bitch BOW and well known handler of WD said out loud, but
it's not a major for the dog. The judge then said, Oh I mean the dog is BOW.
That would never happen at an all breed. JMO Ann
Sally <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I find it interesting that many people are
out there encouraging building
majors at the allbreeds shows but (except for Sheila) you rarely see anyone
encouraging entries for specialty shows-

Sally

www.embroiderybysally.com (new)

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original