[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: eating

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:59:33 -0700

I once had a litter of puppies that , at 8 weeks were outside in the big
run.. I had their bucket attached to the chainlink with a bungee.. only
thing I had at the time.. I couldn't figure out how come there bucket was
ALWAYS empty.. it was never tipped over..
Then one day I happened to go out to see the biggest boy in action.. he
would grab the bucket by the rim, pull it WAAAAAAAY back and let it fly!
water went everywhere! I watched him for a while.. he did this until the
bucket was empty, then left it alone..

I left him his bucket, and continued to fill it every day, but put another
one, firmly clipped, for drinking water.. he loved playing that game!!
he is still up to monkey business..I was going around the yard picking up
the old bones last weekend..I would drop a couple of bones in, and when I
wasn't looking, he was picking them out, taking them and burying them!! The
next day, there they were. all over the yard again..His name is "Jessie
James" and he is mischief personified!
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com