[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: dogs that have done it all in the last ten years

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gsdramey@xxxxxxx" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:08:47 -0500

Hmmmm... I have a Sch1  bitch with a UCH (my best Therapy Dog too!) who fought
back when a stray dog came into the yard and instigated a fight:  it's not the
teaching a dog to bite that counts- it's the control they learn how either
a)not to bite or b) to stop when commanded.  I don't know what was wrong with
that animal; it was 2/3 the size and probably wouldn't have run off to never
return had she not been taught how to NOT bite and return to me as her handler
if y'all feel what I'm saying.
When a dog has the natural propensity to bite, it is the responsibility of its
owner to teach them to control their drives & mouth. Schutzhund is an excellent
outlet to do so, even just going to the IPO/SchH1 level.  The obedience
training is more rigorous than say, an AKC CD, plus there's the equivalent of a
TD in tracking thrown in there too.
Oh, and I'm a person with tattoos & piercing and have had a UKC Top Ten All
Breed dog in conformation plus I show in other performance sports as well.
Piercings are just like extra jewelry these days to the greater number. Though
it is odd to see someone wearing a suit/dress & piercings to more than a few
for the first time too. LOL
Just my take-
Jen P & the Pack

JayDee's Proud-Haus Shepherds/Proud K911
www.jaydeesphs.com
Committed to the Total Dog you can be Proud of!!!
AKC Breeder of Merit