[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: dogs that have done it all in the last ten years

  • From: "Rbuffdogs ." <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nhansburgh@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:07:07 -0700

Norma
Schutzhund work, is FAR MORE than just bite work, FAR MORE.  They have to
have a BH, which is like
our CGC , but with also traffic, and bike sureness added in, plus off leash
obedience, slow, and at speed.
They have to have an AD, which is a 12 plus mile endurance test done in
only a couple of hours.
There is also tracking, dumbells, A frames, etc....
Bite work is only one of many dimensions of SchH.   It has been around
since the time of Capt Max.
It is not "new " as you say .  It has nothing to do with blatant
aggression!!!  It is about courage and obedience.
Dogs that fight other dogs are not considered "game" .  They are just bad
actors, encouraged by stupid cruel humans.
Same with cockfighting.
SchH is a highly developed multi phase task that takes HUGE dedication of
time, energy, and sometimes money.
It has NOTHING to do with legally letting out so called aggression.   Some
of the finest, most tractable , docile dogs
in the world are VA rated , SchH 3 dogs..that you can take anywhere .   In
fact over aggression esp against other dogs
is a DQ....  seriously Norma..go and watch ...talk to the owners, meet the
dogs.
Don't make blanket statements that have no basis in reality.   Unless your
post is tongue in cheek , which I can only
hope it is....
Kathy
*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*
*Updated: June 2013*