[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: chemistry

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:29:49 -0400

Interesting writing, Barb.  Chemistry?  I KNOW what you mean.  Through the
years, I've had special "chemistry" with 3 GSDs--one from the 80s (Obie), one
from the 90s (Ketchy) and one that I'm lucky to say is here right now.  I'll
tell you about her--Forest.  She knows what I'm thinking every minute.  After
the stranger-at-the-bank episode a few months ago, I know she'd protect me.
(And vice-versa.)  I'd gotten BIG offers for her, while showing her--can you
imagine selling your child?  I was flattered that others recognized her
quality--but that was only "the good looks."  She gets to me--sometimes she
drives me crazy--she still doesn't understand why I can't take her to school.
And today at the bank, while the teller sing-songed her name to get her to tip
her head for a treat, she grinned.  It's like Barbara says--the shows are fun,
but it's the everyday living with her that I love the most.  She HATES getting
her teeth brushed, but she lets me do it .  Billy tries to ply  her with food
for kisses, but she kisses only me-he, he, he.   Oh, I thank Emily and Frank
everyday in my thoughts for letting me have her.  I'm NUTZ for her--or maybe
just plain nutz.  LOL
Penny in NY
Am & Can Ch Rotoba Black Forest Brownhill, OVC, TC
How about you.........do you and your dog share
chemistry?  Barbara

--
Barbara J. Galasso
CHIEFTAINS GERMAN SHEPHERDS