[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: chemistry

  • From: jeanniemccann@xxxxxxxxx (Jean Mccann)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:17:09 -0500

       Oh yes,there is definitely special chemistry with certain dogs.
My beloved Nitro was like that. He came to me at a year and a half old
and latched onto me like a port in a storm. He went everywhere with
me(includng work) and we were a fused team. When he developed DM,I did
everything I could for him for two years.....he wasn't ready to die, and
I wanted to try and "give back" just a fraction of what he had given to
me all those wonderful years. The final goodbye was so heartwrenching
that I still cry over him,two years later.
My second one that seems to share special chemistry with me is my
darling Tanni,a "Stealer" daughter who flew in to Kansas City all the
way from Canada. While I was signing the various papers,etc.,I had a
friend walk her out to some grass to relieve herself. As I finished the
paperwork,I turned and called to her "Tango!"...she came on a dead run
and literally wrapped her front legs around me,in a BIG hug!  And that
was that...I have been blessed with her
loyal.charming,amusing,intelligent-self ever since. She reads my mind,it
seems,and she is the first one there to kiss my face,in times of sorrow.
She goes to work with me,does e-mail with me,sleeps by me......and as
soon as I get up,she takes over my spot in bed! I love this girl!
Jean :-)