[ SHOWGSD-L ] Chemistry with Dogs

  • From: "Jessica MacMillan" <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:00:31 -0500

I absolutely believe there is chemistry between dogs and people.. For all
the dogs I have lived with in my life, there have been only 2.5 dogs that
have become my heart and soul.

First one was Marla - the most perfect dog in the world.... She was my
shadow, my heart and soul. She did whatever she pleased and she ran my life
with an iron paw... When I was in college, she was a classroom project more
than once... She went everywhere with me (and was invited to more than one
Frat party with me)... She finished her Am. Can. Ch. with easy, her CD in a
flash and picked up her CGC at age 9. She loved all dogs, though every dog
was greeted with one loud bark "I am the boss and you better remember that!"
She was an excellent puppy raiser and the best momma dog that existed... I
am still on the quest for the next Marla - nobody can replace her, but I am
looking for one like her.

The next dog was a dog who didn't have a chance to live his life to the
fullest. His name was Simon - he came from a litter of three, Simon, Alvin &
Theodore. She was was just special.. I always tell everyone that if Simon
had been a guy, he would of been the most awesome man, both in mind and in
body.  At 4 months he was diagnosed with only one small kidney. The vet gave
him until he was 8 months old - he said that when Simon stopped growing,
that he would start failing... Simon was my car riding dog... He knew
EXACTLY how to ride in the car, he would lean appropriately on corners, he
would lay down if it was long and that front seat next to me was his... He
loved all people with a passion and all dogs were his friends.... He was
special. I remember the day my mom took him in for bloodwork and it came
back that he was in kidney failure. She took him for a ride on (yes, he rode
on her front seat too) and they went to get a cheeseburger, fries and large
coke - she swore he knew how to suck out of the straw. I still miss that dog
to this day  - he only lived to 9 months, but he was a dog that hit home
(and the tears are flowing now thinking about him)...

The newest heart dog, isn't a dalmatian, but a GSD... My 13 month old
hoodlum, Pepper... Still just a kid, I think she's got the makings of being
special.. She loves to be touched, loves to be close and makes us laugh
endlessly with her antics. She's as smart as a whip and kind of a brat, but
a cute brat. I think she has the makings of a *STAR*, but if she doesn't we
will still adore her and I can't thank her breeders enough, Craig, Peggy,
Christy & Clint, for a one in a million.....  Now, if she would stop digging
up the mulch, quit eating my flowers and leading me around by the hand,
we'll be all set.

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls

Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=club_hotmailtextlink1