[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Giving away a purebred

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lfossland@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:26:51 -0400

The AKC does not say anything about prices...ever.  The only thing AKC
says is you cannot charge more for "papers."  This does not mean,
however, that you cannot sell a dog and hold papers until you see proof
of neutering, for example...in a written agreement that both parties to
the sale have signed.
      And you are free to give away dogs if you like, with papers.
Unfortunately, people do that...
Peggy