[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: center of the country is where??????????

  • From: Denise Williams <denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:59:54 -0800 (PST)

I love when this subject comes up, every year for the last three years I've
been on these lists.  It doesn't matter where the Nationals are to me.  With
the exception of Ohio, which I was totally screwed because of unexpected
financial issues, I will never be close enough to attend properly.  I am a
teacher, and October/Nov. is the time we take state tests, and I could never
leave my students for 2-3 days. I can't take that kind of time off so early in
the school year either. So I could only attend on Saturday, I have
responsibilities on Sundays.  Can't drive home and back in that small amount of
time.
What would be really cool, would be to have Nationals in July or August before
school starts.  I'm off, and I could drive all over creation.  Since that's not
going to happen, I don't worry about where it's going to be located every year.
I don't worry about cost because I have a whole year to plan.  I think I'll aim
for 2011. I'll get there before my dog is too old to complete. Eventully.

Denise W.
The Good Ole Boys~Chopper and Chase
http://www.showgermanshepherds.info
for show and performance