[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: center of the country is where??????????

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:46:00 -0800 (PST)

Since the geographic center of the country is in Kansas (you can look it up),
it would seem that Denver is a lot closer to that than it is to the left shore
-- easterners forget just how much of the country is located between the
Rockies and the Sierras - and from the Sierras it is still several hundred
miles to the coast. So I suggest everyone get out a map and look. The
Mississippi River is NOT the centerline.
Ruth

From: "Ken Tank" <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>