[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: .......but it's all in the game

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:25:33 EDT

In a message dated 7/11/2006 9:01:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
The all  breed judge wouldn't even
know what to do with an angulated dog, except  put it at the end of the
line.

That's not true.

I've taken angulated dogs (WHO WERE CLEAN COMING AND GOING) and won handily
in the AB ring.  Most of that winning was BTW under judges whose first  breed
wasn't a GSD, so you can't tell me there aren't plenty of AB judges who  know
movement. And, although you may not be familiar w/ my dogs, lets  see...Scoop,
Rolf, Moxie all RECENT GVs/GVXs had nice AB wins (Scoop and Rolf  have
Bests). There are many listers who have Selects with Group Placements  and Wins
and
Bests.

The all 'rounders can't judge 'em if you leave them home after all.   Most
will NOT put up ugly coming and/or going, overly large dogs, bad backs and
most
won't touch a dog with bad/splayed feet or one who is locked and/or  dragging
a rear.  If you do your homework, you'll find plenty of all  'rounders to
show to and in fact, you may find as I have that a mix keeps you  "honest",
remembering that the breed was meant, after all, to do a job and meant  to be
so
much more than a  dog who may be dripping in type but overdone at either end.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_