[ SHOWGSD-L ] You never know

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 18:31:24 EDT

In a message dated 9/12/08 10:56:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx writes:
A title,  even that of Grand Victor, is one persons opinion on one day.  I
think  it's grate that we get to have many opinions!

I have to agree with Helen, (as I most often do).  On any given  day, under
any given judge, with any given dog, a winner can be different. That  is why
Scoop was such an accomplishment, even though it was done under a limited
number of judges. The performance on that day can mean a lot, and also who else
 is
being shown.

I happen to think Army was a fantastic pick for Grand Victor. I have to
assume it was a great dog that beat him.

Any judge can chose any dog.  It is always up to the person in the  center of
the ring, and I wasn't there.  All I know is that if I were  showing an open
dog, and the previous year's Grand Victor came into the ring, I  would have a
real sinking feeling.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/