[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What would you do?

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: daphne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:18:32 -0500 (EST)

If I was old and sick I would want as little drama in my life as possible,
so yes.

I don't get the whole "my program" thing anyway.  I've made  outstanding
friends with people who have bred the dogs in my dogs'  pedigrees.  When I
have a potential new star it's as much if not more to  their credit than mine,
but by the same token, no one is happier for me than  they are.

It's a blending of a whole lot of programs (or else you just breed into a
corner I guess).

When things go wrong, as they will from time to time, the friendships have
endured and I have benefited from strong shoulders when my own weren't so
strong.

And if I sell a dog that someone later breeds I am their biggest
cheerleader if/when they are happy about whet it brings to THEIR program.

But make no mistake, although I may see a front I (think I) recognize as
"mine", or a beautiful croup reminiscent of so and so...THEY put the dogs
together so it is now THEIR program and I am happy to be included and play
some small part.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 2/14/2014 11:57:02 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
daphne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

OK -  let's add this to the hypothetical scenario - what if you were
mentoring this person to take over your breeding because you were  old
and sick and wanted the line to continue and they decided they  wanted
to just push you aside, keep your dogs and steal your  program?

Would you still just do nothing and let them take your  breeding program?

daphne

Quoting  Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx:

> I'm not going to beat you up but that's not  an agreement I ever would
have
> made.
>
> We have people  locally that will place a bitch for nothing and then want
> her for 1-2  litters back.  I even have a blip on my web site under the
>  "questions to ask section" about why NOT to fall for something like
> that from a
> new owner's perspective.  New name for  this...guardian home.
>
> If the dogs were much loved and well  cared for, I'd forget about it, and
> no, contracts aren't worth a darn  once the puppy leaves.
>
> If I really wanted to keep a particular  dog for a breeding program, it
> simply wouldn't  leave.
>

> Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
> Celebrating  generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
>
> visit  http://www.pinehillgsds.com/
>

> In a message dated  2/14/2014 10:34:41 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>  daphne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> How  about an  interesting question posed to breeders.
>
> You place two of  your  breeding dogs with a client, that client did not
> pay any  money for  the dogs because they were to be used in your
> breeding  program, the  client signed contracts on both the dogs, and
> the  agreement was that  once the contracts were fulfilled the dogs
>  would be altered  (spayed/neutered) an ownership would be  transferred
> to the  client.
>
> What would you do if  the client refused to honor the  contracts?
> 1) File a breach of  contract lawsuit against the client?
> 2)  Turn the other cheek and  let the client breach the agreement and
> keep your dogs?
> 3)  Petition to get your dogs back?
> 4) Do  nothing?
>
>  Are contracts valid? Are they worth the paper they are written   on?
>
> Please nobody take the opportunity to beat me up over this  simple
question.

> Daphne  Hereford
>  www.HollywoodDogs.com

>  POST  is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains the property of  the
> original  author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO  REPRODUCTIONS or
> FORWARDS of
> any kind  are  permitted without prior permission of the original
> author AND  of
> the  Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS  RESERVED.
>
> Each Author is responsible  for the content of  his/her post.  This group
> and its administrators are  not  responsible for the comments or opinions
> expressed in any  post.
>
> ALL  PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
> MANNER  OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS  ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> PERMISSION OF  ALL PARTIES TO  THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
> FORBIDDEN, AND IS   A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL BE

http://showgsd.org/mail.html