[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What would you do???

  • From: Royal T Shepherds <gina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 16:33:31 -0800 (PST)

I got home tonight to a crummy phone message.  Here's the story.....  9 1/2
years ago I bought a bitch from a well known breeder.  This animal turned out
to be dog aggressive, both sexes, and could never find a place in our pack.
So, at 2 years old I found her a home with a family in a single dog home.
She was a VERY nice dog to people, just not dogs.  Well, a year or so later,
they decided that should could handle another dog in the house.  I warned them,
but they decided that if they bought a male puppy and she grew up with him, it
would be OK.  I never heard from them since, so I thought they were right and I
was mistaken.  Today, on my answering machine, was a message saying that she
attacked their puppy (now about 6 years old, I guess) and drew blood.  The
message said that they have been having problems this whole time and have
decided TONIGHT that either she leaves by this weekend or they are putting her
to sleep.  Is
 it possible to place a 9 1/2 yr old dog aggressive bitch?  When I call her
back, what would you say to her???  She could come back here, but would have to
live in a kennel the rest of her life if I can't place her.  How cruel to have
an old, spoiled housedog living in a kennel.  I'm really frustrated at this
moment so I apologize for the long rant.

Gina
ROYAL T SHEPHERDS
http://www.royaltshepherds.com
Home of: Ch Covy Tucker Hill v Royal T's Edsel,CD,NA,CGC,HIC,OFA h/e/t/c