[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Was Head Pieces 2008 US National --now other things.

  • From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 04:14:22 +0000 (UTC)

Kathleen, I think what you meant to say was "Disqualifying Fault", with the
exception of nose color(predominately black muzzle) and the ear components you
mentioned you are correct, none the less they can be considered minor faults.
The head is noble, cleanly chiseled, strong without coarseness, but above all
not fine, and in proportion to the body.

Gotta admit I view the "look like a shepherd" and "move like a shepherd" with
the other third "acts like a shepherd" equally, you must have all three.
Nothing stronger then a pyramid, these three components make up the corners of
that pyramid which describe our magnificent breed.

If I produce a dog that has the looks and acts right, but doesn't quite make it
in the third department, I know that animal will make a tremendous pet for
someone. But if I have great motion, but missing one of the other two - forget
about it, I can not in good conscience place that kind of a dog with the
public.

At least for me from a breeders perspective, thats my view - which will
ultimately I suppose will result in an influence in judging decisions.

Michael Metz
Lindenhill German Shepherds
Where Temperament, Type and Transmission matter.