[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WHAT THE HELL - and who cares!!!!

  • From: Trahanone@xxxxxxx
  • To: RChesnut70502@xxxxxxx, cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 06:46:07 EDT

Randy,

Your post is similar and also exact with what i said several weeks ago
regarding leadership.  But I don't think its totally about the individuals  on
the
board.  We have some great people working there ass off for free.  But my
contention is we do not have the board set up correctly, structured
appropriately, etc. Once the structure is correct then you fill the positions
accordingly.
 At the same time a business, organization, dog club is about  people and
it's the people that make the club versus the club making the  people.

There is more drama regarding our club now than ever which in turn has this
list all fired up.  Trust me I do think this list is a TERRIBLE way of
communicating certain very detailed club functions and business. So many times
info
can be misrepresented and yes that is a problem.  But in my humble  opinion a
few of the board members have contributed to this drama.   It's there style
of how they begun there nomination for getting on the board,  staying on the
board and then getting others to possible run for the board.  Again my
opinion.........  we should a elect board members by  regions.....possibly
representing
our nine futurity areas.  That way each  region has a spokesman.  These
spokesmen are nominated by there regions and  have the best interest of the
GSD.
What i have seen the last two boards is  this......each board trying to get
there select friends/contacts to join  them  on the board.  The thinking is we
can vote together and make  this thing work. Then once on the board the
friendships become strained because  of related issues and the twine begins to
unravel
 and the organization  does the same. THIS THINKING IS NOT SMART AND SHORT
SIDED. WE MUST HIRE/ELECT  THE BEST PEOPLE THAT CAN REMAIN OBJECTIVE FOR THE
BETTERMENT OF THE GSD. ITS NOT  ABOUT INDIVIDUALS ITS ABOUT OUR FOUR LEGGED
BELOVED GSD!!!

Dam I got long winded.  But for whatever its worth that's my  opinion.

Scott