[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Voting and Ballots

  • From: MORGAN LEWIS <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:28:43 -0700 (PDT)

i AGREE AND DID THE SAME YESTERDAY, MORGAN
Carolyn <marhaven@xxxxxxx> wrote:  Unfortunately in the real world AKC COULD
disagree with us, the Election Company COULD
choose to battle us on the technicality that they were approved.....and blame
the Postal Service
which will never be accountable for this and we COULD spend a small fortune
fighting this,
and still lose on some little technicality and lose the time, the election, the
ballots already sent in
and the entire process.
It seems simpler to make the Election Company accountable for counting and
accounting for
every ballot ASAP ......late or not.....and having the answers by our National
by kicking their own
process into overdrive for us at their own expense and efforts.
I like Laurie Pruett's method.
It's easy enough to use my own envelope and stamp.....
Those that are already sent appear to be returning right away if the P.O. sends
them right back
to the sender? Still time to re send them.
Carolyn marhaven@jps,net

In a message dated 9/21/2007 7:48:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pruett@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Another way might be for the GSDCA board to instruct the ballot company
to count ballots that:
(1) are returned to them in a different envelop (not the envelope that
they provided)
(2) have the name crossed off (everyone needs to sign their envelope
anyway so you can see who's ballot it is)
(3) have the bar code crossed off
(4) have the name and bar code crossed off
I'd be happy with the above instructions as I'd be assured that my vote
was counted no matter whose instructions I followed when returning my
ballot.

From: Peggy

EXCELLENT POST, PEG! You beat me to it!!!!!!!!! This is exactly the procedure
that
should be followed. Peggy

Gatlinp@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I usually don't write to the list but I think that the election is in
>serious jeopardy. ...
>
>It is my suggestion that the powers that be--Lew, Gary, Bill, Kris & Carmen
>and the voting Board (Joan, Nancy, Nancy, Gail, Rita, Paul, Tom, Bart etc
>
>1. notify the AKC about the ballot problems
>2. Invalidate the election
>3. hold the Election Company responsible for the extra money to re-send the
>ballots in a postal service friendly return envelope. Since this is their
>business they should have been aware of the August 2007 new business design
>envelope.
>4. Ask for a change in election deadline
>5. Move the date for results to Membership.
>
>Peg Kurz/ Member GSDCA-1986
>Treasurer GSDCAtlanta

Morgan and His Angels
  Precious, OFA
  Princess, CGC, TDI OFA H/E, Thyroid, Cardiac

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.