[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Voting and Ballots

  • From: "Margery Golant" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Joan Fox'" <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:28:59 -0400

Yes, we agree.  It obviously is a problem in need of a solution, and the
Board will need to take steps to figure out what to do about it.  I have
gotten a number of private emails from people in Canada attesting to the
problem - it is both real and ongoing.

Margy
From: Margery Golant <mailto:mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/22/2006 6:30:47 PM
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Voting and Ballots

While it did not have a political basis, the outcome does very possibly have
political effect.  When such a smal number of votes separates those who are
elected to the Board from those who are not, the loss of Canadian votes
could well have been extremely significant, particularly if the reported
problems happened to numbers our Canadian members.

So, if you live in Canada and had a problem voting, PLEASE let the Board
know... we certainly DO want to address this problem so that it does not
happen again.  Mail to and from Canada can be problematic - if it is
preventing peiple from exercising their vote, or if there was something else
that went wrong, we need to know.

Margery Golant

  SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Voting and Ballots
From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 17:31:57 EDT
Emilie ... I meant no disrespect to you or the importance of your vote.  I
was responding to people implying that something underhanded was going on
within
the GSDCA.  Finally, the GSDCA is actually doing everything they can "for"
the membership, and I've just seen that first hand at the national. Frankly,
I'm
sick and tired of seeing politics on the list, and that is where others were
taking the thread.
Tom