[ SHOWGSD-L ] Very Important--please read

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:25:55 EDT

In a message dated 10/5/06 7:14:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
Heaven  forbid ,if we dare to protest, we now have to send a copy of the
complaint to the applicant BEFORE there is even a hearing  held.

Actually this isn't correct.  Or, rather it is correct  and proper.  There
should not be a hearing without the person knowing what  the complaint is, and
an opportunity to respond. Otherwise it is just a hearing  without any
information, just a complaint.

When Linda Wheeler applied a complaint letter was sent, and  the board voted
not to allow her membership.  She was never sent the  complaint, and as I
understand it, the board determined to ignore the  requirement to send it to
her
so she could respond.  They just voted to  reject her application.

I don't know if it has been resolved by now, but I was asked  by Linda to
just let it go, and I know she was disappointed in not being allowed  to become
member of the GSDCA.  I can't now address the problem as I only  heard one
side of it. But, either way, it does seem to me she should have had a  chance
respond.

The GSDCA is a private organization. They can refuse  membership from someone
who they determine is not fit to be a member. However,  that has to be done
with due process, and in a rational manner. They can't  discriminate for race,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, etc. But, if  the club, or the
board, after an opportunity to be heard, decides that some  applicant does not
reflect the ideals of the club, we do have the right to  refuse membership.

That would uphold the mission statement of the GSDCA. If an  applicant does
not fit the profile of the club, the club has the right, and  probably the
obligation to act to avoid that type of member.  It protects  the breed, the
members and the club.

Evan_  Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come together