[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Very Important--please read

  • From: "D.D. and Bonnie Ardoin" <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 11:46:17 -0500

The GSDCA can revise or add to the present by-laws.  The process is for the
Board to vote on the changes/additions, then it is put to the membership for
approval.  Once approved by the membership, it is then sent to the AKC, with
the statistics of the election  included. where the final decision or
approval is made.  This process takes about 6 months or a year depending
when the board approves it and when it gets sent to the membership.  The
Board tries to send it with the normal yearly ballots to save money so the
membership vote would be next October and final approval by the AKC  ????
time.  Not an easy or quick thing which is good so that it will discourage
any rash changes.  D.D.