[ SHOWGSD-L ] Venues for showing

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 18:28:59 -0400 (EDT)

I know of few conformation dogs that I and those I admire, that could not
do ScH work. We just choose not to do so.

If you would challenge Grand Champion Asgard's Icon to do that work, he
would excel.  Remember The Boss? He would have taken down anyone if you  gave
him the instruction.

If you find a good conformation dog, remembering temperament is the first
thing in the standard, then that dog is structured correctly and could do
performance work.
It isn't that conformation people don't breed a performance dog, it is
that often they have not the time or energy to do it all. Too often dogs that
aren't suited for conformation are sold on the idea that they can do
obedience,  or Sch.  That is wrong.

I think most top conformation dogs would do performance as well as any
other German shepherd. After all, they have the same genes, and just are
trained  differently.

Breed the best dog you can find to the best bitch you can find, and then
decide how you want to enjoy the offspring.  I disagree that you have to
breed for herding, or working or conformation.  A good German shepherd can  do
it all. It is up to the owner to decide what to do with them.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

In a message dated 9/12/13 12:32:39 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I  bet there are American lines that could do ScH. If anyone knows of any
than  please let me know!!