[ SHOWGSD-L ] Training a stud dog

  • From: "Bill Sinclair" <sincagsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 14:22:57 -0500

Since the list is not being overwhelmed with questions, I thought some
experienced breeders might have an answer for a question that I have had for
say...over 20 years.(lol)
In the past I have been blessed with a stud dog that will only breed a bitch
when she is absolutely ready, not before or after and we do get the bitch
pregnant.  But when you don't seem to have this animal, is there a method of
training a young male to become an accomplished stud dog or does it have
something to do with a lot of intelligence on the dogs part.    Gloria, SINCA
GS