[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Today Show

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 07:56:15 -0700

This is excellent, Cathy.  Thank you.
And I have to ask if I may borrow the points for some of my responses to the
media.  Please.

Thanks
Stormy
Oh.. and good for you to not make the broads slur word generalization about
breeders :-)

On May 2, 2013, at 5:25 AM, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:

Of course the AKC mentions health testing and I don't need 1/2 hour to
find it. Go to the puppy section, all sorts of info about parent clubs,  links
to parent clubs, links to breeder referral and every time you click, MORE
info. Breeder profiles in the classified section have a section to check for
health testing, specific listings contain health certifications when they
have  been done, then you click a link and it defines health testing,
additional  questions on the breeder profiles re contracts, bill of sale,
willing
to take a  puppy back, MORE links to pc sites, MORE suggested screening
questions to ask  breeders, more on breed specific health testing....Someone
puppy shopping has to  be blind to miss all that and has to agree to terms and
conditions before  using the classified search feature, "AKC registration
does not indicate the  health, quality or value of a dog. AKC registration
simply identifies the dog as  offspring of a known registered sire and
dam."....more PDF's on how to pick a  puppy, MORE contact info for breed club
reps....

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.  Plenty  of
people out there that want cheap and some are just plain stupid.  That's  not
the AKC's fault.

Now, the truth of the matter is, folks who do health testing on their dogs
rarely if ever have a litter of puppies that a family can just go sit and
look  at that aren't llllooooooongggg spoken for and that's what families
have in mind  when they think they will look for a puppy.  Some people really
DO ask  about health testing and are willing to wait and willing to pay a
fair price.  What's left for those not willing to wait (or who have an absurd
idea about  what a puppy should cost) is an odd assortment of puppies that
can be  registered, just because mommy and daddy were, no health checks and
God knows  how they were raided/started.  (I was careful not to say BYBs and
PMers  Stormy!!!)

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

Stormy V. Hope