[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Today Show

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Fior49@xxxxxxx, "<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 09:19:46 -0700

Lisa Peterson, who has been on the 'hot seat' hundreds of times spoke a lot
about creative editing at the times she has spoken to groups.  Note how the
lights  and camera angles were arranged when Pacelle (he is looking creepier
every day!) was speaking, etc.. and the different lighting/camera angles for
Lisa.  AKC is aware that this was a 'hit' piece and like the NY times piece
that knifed them, was aware that it was aimed at making them look bad in any
way that Rosen could.
AKC continues to be a registry, not an investigative or inspection authority.
The nine inspectors do a wondrous job and they do unannounced inspections, but
is something is good one day, as you said, it can go to pieces 2 weeks later.
AKC is being blamed for a lack of enforcement, yet those kennels (and the ones
inFlorida) are licensed by local authorities who also are the ones bound to do
inspections.  The fact that they are being found (and televised) means that the
local authorities are finding the bad owners.

Are we willing to pay the registration fees and entry fees to push AKC to hire
9 more inspectors?  While it's hard to believe, this IS the most that they have
had.  While the next comment will be that the AKC front office is paid too
much, are we willing to do without what that front office offers?  I concur
that they don't need to be in NY, but I'm not a financial wizard, so I don't
know what the cost benefits are for them to remain there.

There's a lot that can be thrown at AKC as criticism, but I wonder if this is
the time to do it, when they need our support against this lambasting that will
be coming now?  I would prefer to read what they say in their DogTalk and
support them against those who only want us to not own dogs… or any other
animal.

Stormy Hope
this was written pretty fast, so I probably didn't make sense here and there…
I'll have a cup of tea and try again later.

On May 1, 2013, at 7:49 AM, Fior49@xxxxxxx wrote:

> The woman who spoke for the AKC should have had more or I should say better
> answers!!! When I was in breeding, the inspector would call the breeder
> first to  let them know they were coming, I was a good breeder and always
> thought that was  the wrong thing to do it gave the so called good breeders
> time
> to clean up what  they did'nt want the inspector to see wrong move on the
> AKC!!!! They only have  NINE inspectors they should have a lot more back then
> if you breed ten or more  litters they came out. Now I live in Flordia this
> state has more puppy mills its  so bad I watch the news and at least once a
> week they show the worse conditions  of puppies all over this state. Its
> not AKC fault but they better find a better  way to work with all the states
> to clean up the problem,the papers(AKC) don't  matter for some people they
> buy puppys off craigslist. The Today Show only  report what they think people
> want to hear they really could give a shit for the  animals just their
> rating!!!! My heart goes out to the poor animals that have to  live like this
> just so these people make their MONEY they are not breeders they  are scum!!!
> JMO Thanks for reading Louise Lepore  Fiorellino
> POST is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the original

> in any post.

> PROSECUTED.

Stormy V. Hope