[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: This is gonna cause Trouble

  • From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:14:36 EST

In a message dated 12/21/2004 11:39:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Ok..there are quite a few people breeding to import lines to create
> American show dogs..for akc conformation shows.some of this breeders are
> not novice..and have quite a great deal of experience.the results of those
> breeding are being shown in the akc conformation ring...so how is that not
> relevant???? Perhaps I was wrong...we should go back to discussing puppy
> poop,recipes,toenails, puppy mills,and rescues ...because after all these
> topics are very relevant to the AKC show ring. C.Grainger

You're correct.
I have a Ch german/american male who won his futurity class, placed in a
class of 17 in his maturity and finished before he was 3.  I have 2 of his
offspring who are near finishing and several young crosses with show potential
but I
also still have my all-american show lines
Champions and young prospects as well. It's harder with the crosses in the
conformation ring sometimes but being open to import lines will actually bring
people into the american show ring and they will end up - if they stay - with
good crosses or all-american lines to show.
All dogs can work at something regardless of their ancestry.  The imports are
not the only ones who can herd, do obedience, agility or schutzhund and the
all-american dogs aren't the only ones capable of doing well in the breed ring.
 Each dog has its own abilities.

Check out our websites for constantly updated info and pictures
www.falkrigiashepherds.com
www.thecraftywoodchuck.com