[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: This is gonna cause Trouble

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:44:58 EST

In a message dated 12/21/2004 11:01:06 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
However,  I do not belong to THIS list to hear a few listers tell
me that I  need
to breed to a German import & how much it will increase the  quality of our Am
Bred shepherds.

I don't think anybody on the list is doing that.

When you get down to it, each time you plan a breeding aren't you really
saying, in fact "my way is better" (or, I HOPE my way is better)?  If not,
wouldn't you just go buy whatever dog you thought was "better"?  Breeding a
litter
is just too much work and sometimes heartache if you don't think you're
'gonna get the next super star IMO <G>.

Dog shows, breed, performance, whatever, are about ego anyway...the "my dog
is prettier, can jump higher, run faster....and my breeding/training ideas are
 better than yours and I can prove it" venues.  Not that there's any problem
with that, as Evan would say, and I enjoy winning and "proving it" as much as
 the next guy.  If I didn't, my guys would spend even more time on the
couches in front of the fire than they are currently doing <G>.

I recognize that there are problems in the breed and when someone feels  that
they have an answer I'm happy to listen to their enthusiastic  proposals (but
I'm going to take a "wait and see" attitude).

Time to go check the rascals lounging on the worlds' most expensive dog  beds
<G>:)

Kathy

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_