[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thanks AKC

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx>, <GretchAnya@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:06:12 -0500

Deb - I think if you don't live in the east, you have absolutely no idea how
hard it is to find sites at all, never mind to have specialties in the
wintertime.

   Those of us who have been to the Monroe, LA, weekend, know that it is
possible to have lovely specialties indoors.  And without AKC harrassment,
at that.  Of course, some reps are worse than others...it does seem that the
worst of them get stationed in the New England area (or Ohio) - and we've
had some real stinkers here in the Mid Atlantic area, too.

       I'm not a fan of the Fitchburg building...but if those clubs could
get indoors and have two specialties plus two additional days of breeder
judges, for our side of the country, that's pretty damn good.   I for one
don't believe the GSD people were really disrupting the other rings---all
the talk around the country about what went on there has been anti-rep, not
anti GSD fancy.

    Of course the AKC is going to back up the reps...a bunch of people who
all failed at "real" jobs...even the former handlers were, for the most
part, failures at that.......
        As for thinking it was OK for the rep to lay hands on, Gator
obviously doesn't believe it, since that letter as plain as the nose on your
face called Becky
and everyone else who complained a liar.............

    I for one have never minded not judging in New England...the all-breed
politics there are the nastiest in the country.  Specialties are one
thing...the all breeds there are something else.  I have an assignment there
next spring...which I will cancel as soon as I get this post sent.  I just
won't judge up there anymore......... and while I wouldn't ask the
exhibitors not to show in their own part of the country, I would sure as
hell avoid Fitchburg like the plague.
Peggy