[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE/QUESTIONS ABOUT OV/OVX TITLE

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 19:23:22 -0700 (PDT)

Not having a DQ does not make you a "show dog" but it does make you a
recognizable member of your breed.
If I wanted to win one of the "victor" titles I would make certain I had a dog
who qualified for the award. Besides, I know when I train a dog I like to have
that dog be easy on my eyes. DQ dogs may work well, but at the National we
should demand more of our breed representatives. And  since they want to allow
PAL (or whatever they are now called) listed dogs, you know mixed breeds will
be eligible. Makes me real proud to know that the trainer/handlers do not care
enough about our breed to use a reasonable breed representative.
We are a breed club - too bad we do not feel that we can demand out performance
dogs be of our breed. Says a lot about what non-performance folks think of the
performance events.
Ruth