[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE/QUESTIONS ABOUT OV/OVX TITLE

  • From: Julie Degen <ejdegen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 15:10:05 -0400

A dog that attempted to bite the judge would be disqualified (disbarred, kicked
out, etc) according to AKC dog show rules.

I knew a beautiful herding champion who was also a breed champion who had an
ear down due to an aural hematoma....and yes, according to the January 2012
board vote, she would be eligible for a performance Victrix award.   A dog with
a DQ ear, or docked tail, or blue/liver nose or white color, or underbite COULD
win a performance victor/Victrix award if it gives the best performance of its
sport.  Again, the board voted on this in January 2012.

The board has gotten a lot of feedback from both the membership and committee
members, so they made the decision to send this controversial decision and
others to the membership for a vote so the membership gets a DIRECT say in how
the awards for the club will work....not just the boards collective decision or
the opinions of 3-4 committee chairs.

The committee chairs serve by request of the president and the board.  They are
appointed by the board (requested by the president), not the membership.  The
committee chairs then send a list of who they would like on their individual
committees to the board who again approves (or not).  Again, a board decision.
The membership votes on who is on the board looking after their individual
interests.  Just like the good ol' USA, sometimes our people get "in" and
sometimes they don't :-(. But in the GSDCA, you only get to vote if you're a
member.....

Julie Degen
Sent from my iPad
"A well-balanced German Shepherd has a title on both ends!"
www.caissonkennels.com