[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE/QUESTIONS ABOUT OV/OVX TITLE

  • From: "R. Steiner" <mobilegrmr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 15:45:52 -0400

There are very specific rules about how AKC awards are given....but OV
is a club award so it's up to the club how it's awarded.  I know that
in the premium for this year it says " At least one owner must be a
current member in good standing of The German Shepherd Dog Club of
America."

I think the award should go to the highest scoring dog that meets the
requirements.....unless of course the club likes buying 4' tall
ribbons and then not awarding them.  Lots of obedience people do not
belong to the parent club.

--Regina
2 GSDs in Somerset, NJ