[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE BOARD

  • From: Destinogs1 <destinogs1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 10:38:29 -0400 (EDT)

I agree with Chris.  This class will not hurt anyone.  Those that want to show
their long coats will enter.  Long coats are not for everyone, but they do
happen and they are German Shepherd Dogs.  I showed a long coat in a futurity
and placed.  That was years ago when placing in a futurity was a big deal.  I
admit that her head was a little cleaned up, but nevertheless she had beautiful
structure and character.  She was then placed in a pet home and enjoyed a good
life as a companion.  This was my mistake.  I should have kept her and bred
her.  Controlling the long coat gene is not difficult, you just have to do some
research on what you are planning to breed to.

The board is trying to think outside of the box and include others to help the
organization.  This is a good thing.  Not all ideas are great, but they are
thinking and trying to help. They work many hours for the benefit of this
organization.  I applaud their efforts.

The World Trial is another topic I want to comment on.  The entire Centennial
celebration is a HUGH undertaking and needs the support of all members and non
members.  The WDA portion of the GSDCA-WDA is working diligently to make this a
wonderful event for all who attend.  Not everyone has the expertise to assist
on the World Trial portion as a worker, but you can purchase a dinner ticket,
come to the stadium and watch our breed perform, and purchase a remembrance of
the entire event.  We are all one family.  We own German Shepherd Dogs.  This
is not about bloodlines, it is about OUR breed and OUR club.  We can make this
a success!

Mary

Mary Gattone
GSDCA -WDA General Director
GSDCA-WDA Liaison
Hospitality Chair of the 2013 World Trial Committee
GSDCA member since 1978